About the Cedar-IBSi FinTech LabFrom concept to reality
Founded in 2018, Cedar-IBSi’s FinTech Lab in the heart of Dubai’s Internet City has been home to global FinTechs who need a “soft-landing” opportunity into the MENA region. Our lab platform is the brainchild of the group, consisting of global management consulting firm, Cedar (www.cedar-consulting.com), and global FinTech market intelligence firm, IBS Intelligence (www.ibsintelligence.com).
Not many know FinTech the way we do. Since 2018, the Cedar-IBSi lab has been home to global technology companies of different shapes and sizes, each of whom have used membership benefits to learn, partner, and accelerate.
pages of proprietary research and use cases
regional banks represented
Why become a Lab Member?
In addition to the specific membership benefits basis membership tiers, our FinTech Lab offering has grown into a strong community of banking and financial technology enthusiasts, from around the world. We aim to become the world’s leading FinTech lab and accelerator in the years to come and build a strong community while doing so. The last 5 years of our lab’s existence is a strong testament to this.
Our lab offering is multi-faceted, global, and suits FinTechs at various stages of their life. We typically break our value addition up in the following ways:
- In-person thematic knowledge sessions (peer-to-peer learning) with subject matter experts and thought leaders (one-to-many format)
- In-person thematic round-table discussion with representation from 2-3 regional banks, moderated by Cedar-IBSi senior leaders. The lab members will get a chance to interact with the bankers in-person
- Pre-qualified industry introductions for CIFL lab members to get the foot in the door with the industry players. (5% T&C applies)
- Digital community access (Virtual community on digital platform)
- Tailored in-person one-to-one advisory session by a senior Cedar-IBSi senior member
- Training and Masterclass sessions hosted by senior Cedar-IBSi expert
- Complimentary access to the iconic monthly IBSi FinTech Journal
- Exclusive access to the iconic IBSi Galaxy Portal – a self-service insights and intelligence portal, tracking and analyzing the global BankTech and FinTech landscape weekly.
- Special visibility and promotion at FinTech happy hours hosted in multiple cities throughout the year.
- Exclusive interviews of leaders covered on IBSi Intelligence website and digital channel with 1mn+ pageviews annually
- Leadership coverage on IBSi’s exclusive FinTech podcast – IBS Intelligence Podcasts
- Detailed solution demo to Cedar-IBSi’s team and potentially covered in IBSi GALAXY (subscribers include global banks, funds, consultants)
- Banner feature on IBS Intelligence’s popular website (1mn+ pageviews annually) and weekly FinTech newsletter (15,000+ subscribers)
- Exclusive access to IBSi Intelligence’s 10+ annual events hosted in the region (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OydzaCBwIOI&t=12s)
- Opportunity to pitch to Cedar-IBSi fund team for your planned capital raise
- Get access to interesting co-investment opportunities via Cedar-IBSi’s Venture Capital fund
- Pitch coaching sessions by an industry expert to review of your pitch content, the story and flow of your pitch, recommendations on your deck design, and public speaking skills
- Use of lab physical infrastructure and meeting rooms
- Access to open developer platform and data marketplace to unlock innovation
- Access to the network of Technology Partner Credits
- Access to Job Board on the IBS Intelligence website to recruit high calibre candidates for your team
Lab Membership Categories
So much information on this topic across the website. Focus on the homepage and page that talks specifically about the lab offering. Happy browsing!
You can apply to be a member at the lab anytime in the year. Fill in this form –
Anytime really. As long as you have a first version of your product/service offering, we’re confident that you will be able to leverage the variety of membership benefits we have on offer. Apply now!
No problem. You can bring this up with the lab team once you get on an introductory call post submitting the form. They’d be happy to update your records.
Our team will usually be back in touch with you within one week of filling in a form. If they seem to have missed you, feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply fill in the get in touch form at the top of the home page.
Membership categories differ by stage of company and goals seeking to be achieved. Leave this role to us and your membership category will be proposed to you on your introductory call with the team.
Our lab program is focused on acceleration and marketplace offerings and does not invest directly. Cedar-IBSi Capital, our venture capital fund, does invest in FinTech across India and the GCC. Head on over to www.cicapital.vc to know more and reach out to the investments team.